Your Ad Here

David reactes to his Golden Globe win

David Duchovny, who scored best actor in a television musical or comedy for his role as the creatively blocked novelist in Showtime’s “Californication,” had gone out to see “The Bucket List” this evening to avoid watching the announcement, but he knew when he saw the flashing message light when he returned to his Vancouver hotel room this evening that he had won.

“It sounds silly to say—the nomination was really great, but I really wanted the show to win,” said Duchovny, who got the news from his manager. The actor is in Canada filming the sequel to “The X Files.”

But he added that while there were plenty of Golden Globe winners, “Everyone’s a loser right now. The Golden Globes is a fun night – it’s more fun than the other awards shows. And it’s too bad we didn’t get to have fun. I don’t think there are a lot of tears over it not being televised. But I think there are a lot of tears over people losing money and losing jobs. I just hope that people will come back to the table and get this done.”

- Los Angeles Times

------------------------------------------------------

David Duchovny on how he learned he had won the Golden Globe for best actor in a TV series, musical or comedy, for "Californication": "I kinda didn't want to watch, it would just make me tense or nervous, so I went out to see a movie at four [o'clock] and I knew I wouldn't be home until it was announced. I knew if my phone was ringing when I walked into my hotel room that I would have won. And it was. Nobody calls a loser."

- Associated Press

------------------------------------------------------

Duchovny joked that he took a really dressed-down approach.

Asked what he was wearing as he soaked in the news that he was a winner, he quipped: "I was naked in my hotel room. It was my way of protesting any number of issues."

- The Canadian Press

0 coments: